Weekly Wisdom

The past week I have been a little stressed and have found myself longing for some alone time; time to do girly things like a face mask, take a bubble bath or paint my toenails while listening to my favorite boy band. I am NOT saying this as a bad thing, because I am very happy in my relationship and I love how much time Eric and I spend together, but sometimes, just sometimes I need a little time alone.
I have read recently and have always known that spending time alone is very healthy for you, and that doing silly things that make you happy will make you happier in every relationship you have; with a significant other, your parents, best friends, even co-workers!
so I did a little bit of research, and went to my good friend Google and asked what were some "activities to do alone" and I got some great results!
thoughtcatalog.com had an amazing list of "21 Awesome Things That Are Way Better When You Do Them Alone" that you can check out (here
Things on the list include: Binge-watching your favorite TV shows, going to the movies or a museum, going to get a makeover and having a lazy relaxing morning in bed with nowhere to go and nobody to answer to!
I have found that a few different things have helped me re-connect with myself and have gotten me in a better mindset to face the rest of this week, so I jotted a few down to share with you.

I hope that if you too are feeling like you need a little inspiration or time alone, don't take it to mean something is missing in your relationship, or life isn't going perfectly, but maybe that you should revisit some of the things that make YOU happy and that make you feel like yourself.
  1. cuddle on the couch with your pet. this by far has been my favorite new past time! showing Izzy some love, makes me feel loved.
  2. write. I have been enjoying this blog so much! it's definitely my "me time" to sit and think about life and what I want to share with the world.
  3. sit and talk with your (best) friends. reconnecting with friends has been one of the most refreshing things I have been doing in my life lately. reaching out on Facebook, writing a "snail mail" letter, sending a quick and meaningful text telling them I am thinking about them, or my absolute favorite, actually having them sit on my couch and talking for hours while losing track of time in the conversation.
  4. do something creative! draw, paint, cook, dance! do something different and out of your comfort zone. drawing has NEVER been one of my strong points, but since I started working for MAC, I have had to learn how to do a face chart, and they are one of my favorite forms of creative outlets.
  5. finish a task. pick something small and start there. having the feeling of accomplishment is a definite boost of confidence and will get you motivated to complete bigger and messier tasks that you have probably been putting off. shred a pile of papers, clean out your purse, fold a load of laundry. quick, easy, done!
let me know in the comments what things you love to do while you're alone.
xoxo.
Disclaimer: image found on Pinterest.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. I love read a book while taking a bubble bath. That normally happens after the little one is in bed, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh bubble bath! that's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete