Life Update: July 2017


Hello my loves! Long time no blog… I can’t believe I haven't been on here A WHOLE YEAR!! 
The last blog I wrote was about planning our Anniversary cruise… and the cruise has set sail and come back! lol. 
Life has just been moving along, and I haven’t been inspired or motivated to blog in quite some time. I remember even when I was writing my last blog, it was like pulling teeth to get myself to sit down and actually write it
I had the ideas in my head, but I couldn’t find the motivation to actually WRITE.

I woke up this morning, had my cup of coffee in hand with my candle lit, my laundry in the wash and I had the urge to grab my laptop. I felt like I was ready to write. And it was such a great feeling. Jumping back into blogging might take me a little while, so I’m not going to make any unrealistic promises, and for this blog, I thought I would start with a Life Update.

Here are some of the things that have been going on in our lives since the last time I wrote:

Anniversary Cruise: Like I said, the last time I wrote a blog post was when we were planning our cruise. Well, to say the least, the cruise ended up being absolutely AMAZING! After we booked through Costco, a few weeks later Royal Caribbean announced their first ever President’s Cruise. And guess what?! The cruise we’d just booked happened to be the very same cruise the President of Royal Caribbean would be on as well. We had no idea what that actually meant, but boy-oh-boy were we in for a treat. Having the President of the company on the ship, we noticed a lot more activities, and so much added free stuff. There were extra parties, midnight buffets, and free champagne almost EVERY night in the Royal Promenade. 
Eric and I had such a blast that week. At dinner we sat with a newly wed couple on their honeymoon, and it was so much fun getting to hang out with a couple that was our age, and celebrating something special as well. We even got to hang out on the ship with them a couple of times. We went to a comedy show with them after dinner, and the guys bonded when they went zip lining on the top deck of the ship!

Eric’s 30th Birthday. In December Eric turned 30! We had a great time celebrating with family and friends just before the holidays. In true grown-up fashion, Eric wanted to celebrate turning the BIG 30 at Dave & Busters! lol. We really had a great time playing games with his family and having a relaxed dinner. 
With Eric’s birthday being two days before Christmas, it was so fun getting to make him feel special for such a milestone birthday before the craziness of the holidays.

Kitchen Remodel. Our most recent project we embarked on in our home was a DIY Kitchen Remodel. We had taken a long weekend off from work the weekend after my birthday to possibly plan a weekend getaway, or a trip to Disney, but that ended up not happening, so we started our kitchen project since we had 4 consecutive days off together; which RARELY EVER HAPPENS in our house. It is not completely finished, but stage one is done and we are thrilled with how it turned out, even though Eric wasn't so sure of my vision in the beginning.
We first started off by painting the kitchen walls from a terrible lime green to a neutral tan color; I honestly don’t know how I hadn’t convinced Eric to paint sooner! It made such a huge difference. Then we took off all the cabinet doors and deglazed them, primed them, and finally PAINTED them! We reinstalled the cabinets and drawers, and added some pulls which were quite a project in itself. My dad might have been bribed to come help Eric.
The next week I found some nice storage bins to put on the top of the cabinets to store some of our rarely used kitchen appliances and knick-knacks. I eventually reorganized the pantry closet as an added finishing touch to the kitchen remodel. This project was so much work, but we absolutely love the finished look. For our next stage of the remodel we want to add a backsplash and update the countertops, but the cabinets took so much longer than we initially thought, we didn't have time to do everything we'd set out to do just the two of us.

It has been so nice sitting down and catching up with what has been going on in our life the recently, and I hope to continue to share on this blog soon. Who knows what will be next for us as we are just two months away from our Two Year Marriage Anniversary. Life surely doesn't slow down, but I am so excited to continue to share my life with Eric by my side and get to document it here on the blog with you.

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by and catching up with me. 
I hope to continue sharing life and all of my favorite things with you soon.

xoxo.



Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment