Summer Smoothies


Today's post is one I have been so excited to share with you all. Recently, Eric and I invested in a NutriBullet blender, and OMG have we been whipping up all kinds of smoothies since then. We have come up with some yummy combinations, and I am so excited to continue our smoothie adventures with you this Summer!

We have even added Spinach to our smoothies, I know right? so taboo. We even started to freeze our own bananas so we can have them on hand, and don't have to buy the frozen "fruit medley" bags to get bananas in our smoothies. Now we just stock up at Trader Joe's on their frozen mango chunks, pineapple chunks, strawberries, raspberries, etc... I have found a few new recipes that I am dying to try with blueberries this summer, so I will keep you posted on that!

I just found a recipe for a Mocha smoothie that I am excited to try, it calls for a cup of brewed coffee and unsweetened cocoa powder and sounds absolutely delicious. Iced coffee for summer, anyone?? Yes, please!

Here are some of our favorite classic smoothies to start out this summer right! Please feel free to share your favorite smoothie recipes in the comment section below, I would love to find some new combinations to try!


Classic Green Smoothie:
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • handful of frozen mango
  • handful of frozen pineapple
  • 1 cup water

Strawberry Banana:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup unsweetened milk (nut, soy, animal)
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt

Very Berry:

  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries 
  • 1 cup water

Piña Colada:
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup coconut milk (from a can)
  • honey or maple syrup, to taste.


Make sure to check out my Pinterest search for smoothie recipes here!

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment