Essentials for a Weekend Getaway

Eric and I are taking the long overdue trip to my college town in the next few days and I am sooooo excited. 
I have had this trip on many a bucket lists for the past few years, and we are finally making the time to drive the short two hours to make it happen. (YAY!) I personally, have NOT been back to my college town since graduating almost five years ago! holy moly.

I am currently drinking a glass of wine while a small load of laundry is in the dryer. When that's done I am going to pack our overnight bag for our trip. So I thought to myself, "hey why not write a blog about a weekend getaway." 
Genius idea, huh?

So here are my essentials for a weekend getaway:
Camera. A no brainer, but a good camera is definitely an essential—especially if you've never been to that particular place, or you haven't been in a while, and would like to document any special outings, meet ups with old friends, or sites around town. 
having a selfie-stick would be another great addition to take along too.

Good Music/Podcast. I am totally into listening to Podcasts at the moment, and it has been a surprising thing I have been enjoying. I have currently been listening to a series from our church that I feel like I missed a few weeks of, due to the wedding/honeymooning back in September/October. Having something to pass the time in the car, or in some cases if you're traveling by plane, it is nice to zone out and listen to something together and then be able to discuss it later.

Things to Do. Being prepared with a list, or at least an idea, of places to go and things to see is essential to a weekend getaway or else why are you going to that place. Since I lived in this particular place Eric and I are going to visit, I am excited to show him the things I loved to do and the places I liked to hang out in, but I also want to enjoy new experiences while we're there too.
We are planning to do some touristy things around town, walk around campus of course, have dinner with one of my college friends and her fiancé, and definitely go to my favorite pizza place! PS: This pizza is so good my mom even asked us to bring her some pizza home!

Rain Gear. Who really wants to think about rain on a getaway, but you can never bee too prepared. Especially in Florida, the rain can come and go within the hour, and who wants to get stuck in a rain shower while site seeing.

Spending Money. This trip was a little bit of a spontaneous one, but I am so excited to bring back a memento or two for Eric and I to remember this trip, and of course pizza and cupcakes require money. just kidding.

What are some of your favorite weekend getaway spots?
Have you taken your significant other to a special place from your past?
Is there anything I forgot to add to my list of essentials? 
I would love to know what to bring next time we go out of town together.
Leave your comments below!


xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment