5 Winter Essentials for 2016

I am sitting at my desk freezing thinking about what to write about and without much effort, a Winter Essentials list was written on my notepad. Being the Florida girl that I am, the temperature drops here in the south have kept me inside of the house unless absolutely necessary! 
I honestly don't know what I would do without Netflix other than have my house perfectly clean and organized. haha.
I am already quite the home-body, and the Winter season reassures me that there is nothing wrong with enjoying an evening, or weekend for that matter, cuddled in at home with the ones you love.

Here are my Winter Essentials for 2016:
Netflix. I already mentioned my top essential, and I am currently working on a Top 5 Binge-Worthy Netflix shows blogpost, so it is truly a must have in our home. I love that there is such a variety of shows and movies that there is always something I can turn on and enjoy either alone or with my husband. Girly Chick-Flicks or fast-paced Action, there is literally something for everyone.

Cozy Throw Blanket. This is one of my favorite items in our home. I have one on our couch, and a couple extras in our linen closet. You can find tons of cute and comfy throw options at any home decor store, Target, etc. My favorite is the one my mom gifted Eric and me for Christmas, it is winter white and personalized with our names and wedding date stitched onto it.

Candles. There is nothing better to me than having my house feel and smell like home. One of my favorite ways to make our house smell cozy is having a candle burning. My favorites have hints of warm amber, or even a little bit of vanilla, classic and welcoming.

Tea. I have very special memories of sharing a warm cup of tea with my grandma when I was little, but as an adult I have mostly been a coffee drinker, thank you college all-nighters! haha. Last year my best friend gifted me with a few boxes of tea in all kinds of fun flavors, some with caffeine and others without. I really started to enjoy a cup of something warm in the evenings, and I am pretty sensitive to caffeine, so coffee was out of the question past 6PM. It was nice to have an alternative to coffee and have the option of caffeine-free.

Book/Magazine. I have always labeled myself as an avid reader, my major in college was English. Reading was always an escape for me, not that I needed to escape from something, but it was always something I could enjoy between activities, or chores. In high school and college I transitioned into reading more magazines but still enjoyed books (I actually worked for a magazine after college) and even now as a wife and working in a field I love, I am still drawn to the comfort of books. 

What are some of your At-Home Winter Essentials? Anything I am missing on my list?
Where is your favorite candle from, and what is your must have scent??


xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment