Married Life Update

This weekend we will be celebrating two months as Mr. & Mrs. Zayas! Seriously, where has the time gone?? We have done so many things together these past two months, and spent so much time enjoying each other's company that eight weeks feels like it has flown by so quickly.
We have almost gotten back into the swing of work routines, and household duties, but I still feel like we are slacking in some areas... I may or may not have just unpacked from our honeymoon... and a couple of our wedding gifts have yet to find a home in our kitchen. 
So I definitely have some wifely things to finish up. My goal is to have our spare room cleaned out and organized before Thanksgiving, this weekend.
Working in cosmetics retail, we are just heading into our holiday rush, (HELLO, BLACK FRIDAY!) and Eric is currently still working lots of overtime hours, so we are doing the best we can for now. I wanted to share some exciting things that we have gotten to check off of our To-Do List since we've said "I do" here on the blog, so here are a few things we have done as Mr. & Mrs.
Legally Changed my Name. This was a very important step for me to complete after coming home from our honeymoon. I had the goal to legally change my name within the first month of marriage, and we got to the Social Security Office a few days before our one month anniversary. SUCCESS!
Purge Our Linen Closet. We were gifted all new towels for our bridal shower, and wedding (YAY!) So, I got them all washed, and purged most of our older towels. I mean, some of my towels I'd had since my first dorm room in college, so it was definitely time to let them go.
Update and Organize the Kitchen. Eric has been wanting to update a few things in the kitchen for quite some time, but we finally got around to it a few weeks ago. We bought a new microwave, and had it installed above our stove and we are so excited to have a little more counter space! We also purged a lot in the kitchen by donating or gifting some of our appliances we no longer need.
Purchase new Bedding. New season of life = New bedding in our room. I personally think that new bedding is a quick and usually inexpensive way to update your space. We searched online and found a really nice bed in a bag in a color scheme we both liked, and it has made our space feel new!
Buy new Couches. This has been at the top of our list for a little while now. We had been doing our research, and looking into all possibilities for where to buy our couches, and we bit the bullet last week. We walked around the showroom probably 15 times, and were trying to decide between two sets we both liked. We are so excited to have them delivered just before the holidays!
I look forward to more updates and organization to come!
Until next time, XOXO.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jessica. I enjoy reading your blogs. Keep up the awesome work. Hope you and Eric have a great thanksgiving��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Leanna!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

      Delete