10 Days of Christmas Movies


In my New Traditions as Mr and Mrs post, I mentioned adding a Movie Marathon to our list of things to start as a family of two. so last night it donned on me... there was only 9 days left until Christmas, (omg, I cannot believe it's so soon) and we hadn't watched one Christmas movie yet! I mentioned it to Eric, so we popped in Home Alone.
I thought it would be fun to share a list of my top 10 favorite movies to watch this time of year. I also did a movie marathon post last year, if you want to check it out here.
Home Alone. We started off our movie marathon with a true classic
Home Alone 2. Now, personally I don't have quite as many memories watching the sequel in the Home Alone series, but we have both of the movies, so I can't imagine watching one without the other, now. It's on our agenda to watch tonight, so I will keep you updated.
The Family Stone. This is by far my favorite Christmasy movie. If you've never seen it before, it is a must see in my book. here is the iTunes preview plot summary: Join the eccentric Stone family for a holiday gathering filled with unexpected surprises. Before the festivities are over, love affairs will unravel, new ones will form, outrageous secrets will be revealed and the family will come together like never before.
The Grinch. This is one of Eric's favorite Christmas movies, and an absolute classic. Jim Carrey as The Grinch, and Taylor Momsen (Jenny from Gossip Girl) as Cindy Lou Who. count me in.
The Santa Clause. Tim Allen as Santa Clause, equals soooo many childhood memories. 
Christmas with The Kranks. A hilarious movie with Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis. When their only daughter Blair leaves the family nest, Luther and Nora Krank decide to book an island cruise to beat the yuletide blues and just skip the holidays. But when Blair calls on Christmas Eve to announce a surprise visit with her new fiancée, the Kranks have just twelve hours to perform a miracle and pull themselves and their neighbors together to throw the best celebration ever!
Elf. No explanation needed.
The Holiday. Another chick-flick Christmas movie where two single women trade homes (in Los Angeles & London) only to find that a change of address can change their lives.
A Charlie Brown Christmas. don't think I have seen this classic, but it is definitely on my bucket list winter movies this year. Hopefully it will be added to our Must Watch movies for the years to come.
The Polar Express. Again, I have definitely never seen this movie, but have heard so many wonderful things about it, that I am going to make the effort to watch it for the first time this year.

Did I mention one of your holiday favorites? 
If not, what should I add to mine and Eric's list for next year? I would love to know.
Leave me a comment down below.
xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment