New Traditions as Mr & Mrs

being a newlywed during the holiday season could be something very stressful to some couples. trying to juggle who's house you will visit on Christmas Day versus Christmas Eve, which holiday parties you will attend, even who to buy presents for. lucky for us, we are blessed with amazing friends and family that Eric and I seem to be avoiding any high-stress situations so far by keeping our communication a priority, and deciding things together.
this holiday season will be a little different and difficult for us after losing our sweet baby Izzy last year, but we are keeping it together, so far. 
for us as newlyweds, and even before we were married, we have always had a teeny little hoop to jump through just before the holidays, and that is Eric's birthday. He is a Christmas baby, his birthday is December 23rd. But like I said, we both have very supportive families, so having a birthday to celebrate right in the middle of Christmas madness, can sometimes be nice to stop and think not only of Christmas, but of someone we love; whether as a husband, son, son-in-law, brother, or brother-in-law.
This year as Mr and Mrs, I thought it would be really fun to start one or two new traditions together, so I wanted to share them here, with you, just incase you needed or wanted to add a new tradition to keep the holidays exciting for you and your loved ones. I would love to know what your favorite traditions are so I can keep adding to mine and Eric's in the years to come.
Picking out a Christmas Tree. I had never really had a real Christmas tree that I can remember before dating Eric.. maybe once  in my childhood, but thats the extent of it. (mom, correct me if I'm wrong!) I remember in 2013 Eric and I went and picked out a tree together, and it was the most exciting experience! We didn't have a Christmas tree last year, so I made it a point to make it known i really wanted one this year.
Decorate the Christmas Tree. The same day we got our tree, we did a little bit of shopping for a few new ornaments and decorations, but we pretty much had everything we needed. We spent the evening together with a movie on in the background and decorated the tree together.
Choose a new ornament or home decor item. Decorating the tree and your home for the holidays are a lot more fun when both of your personalities and tastes are included, so try and make it a new tradition to pick something new together each year. Maybe it could be your first ornament together, or the start of a nutcracker collection. Whatever you decide, it will be way more special with both of your involvement.
Bake Christmas Treats. We kind-of cheated on this one last night by making Rice Krispy Treats, but I am sure we will do some actual baking soon. Spending time together in the kitchen can definitely be a lot of fun and I can't wait to do some more holiday baking next week.
Holiday Movie Night. I'm hoping to spend multiple nights in the near future with my hubby cuddled on our new couches watching Christmas movies and munching on some of our home made treats. I think having each of you pick out a movie, or taking turns on choosing would make it more fun, since I know at my house if Eric always let me pick, it would be chick flick central all holiday long!

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment