Remembering Izzy

yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Eric and I losing our sweet baby Izzy. It was a very unexpected loss, and I still cannot believe we have lived our lives without her for a whole year.
The past year has literally been the best and the worst. Eric and I have learned to love each other through the good times and through the bad. time has helped to heal the pain in our hearts, but for me, I know when I think just a little too long about her, the pain becomes all too hard to handle once again.  
I often look to this picture of our beautiful baby girl and think of the love and kisses she gave us every single day. she truly was the sweetest girl I've ever known.
I remember the very first time I met her, after having a few dates with Eric, and me, never growing up around big dogs, I was a little nervous.. but Izzy's sweet kisses won me over, and I felt so honored to be her mommy for as long as I did.
I remember the first time Eric and I took her to the dog park, how excited she was to run free and swim in the doggy pond. She was the happiest I had ever seen her.
I remember all the sweet cuddles she gave Eric and I during her recovery from surgery, and how close she always wanted to be to us. Maybe somehow she knew her time with us would be cut short, and that mommy and daddy would need all those cuddles and kisses to get them through the tough times ahead.
I love and miss our Izzy baby every single day, and pray and hope that she knows she is still in our hearts, forever.

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment