Ten Years


Today marked a very significant day. 
Today marked ten years that my grandpa passed away.
I had been thinking about this day, ten years, for a long time... 
I would think about where I would be in my life when ten years had passed,
I would think about what I would be like, and if my grandpa would be proud.

I have always told Eric how special my grandpa was to me, how special he will always be to me, and how much I wish he would have gotten to meet him. I know that is something my sister-in-law Katy and Eric both have in common, that they will never get to physically meet him and I wish with all my heart that grandpa would have been able to get to know, and get to love, the people Carlos and I chose to love and marry.

Today I couldn't help but think of all the things I would have loved to share with him since he has been gone... my high school graduation, my acceptance into Florida State University, my college graduation, my brother's wedding, the birth of my niece, and most of all, my wedding.

but Eric, of course, being the rock in my life that he is... reminded me that my grandpa hasn't missed any of it. 
He has been right by our sides every single day.
He watched as I walked across the stage, when I graduated high school.
He smiled and was so proud when I got accepted into FSU.
He was cheering me on as I graduated college.
He was proud of my brother for choosing and loving his wonderful new bride.
He was filled with joy when Hannah entered the world.
And he was walking right beside me towards my groom, on my wedding day.

Although it has been a tough day without him, I cannot say thank you enough to my husband Eric, for reminding me that though he is no longer physically with us, he is always right beside us.

I love and miss you grandpa, but I know you are always looking down upon us, and are with us each and every day. Through the hard times, and the most memorable moments, I know you will always be there.


xoxo. 

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment