Let's Get Organized

Since I can remember, I have always had and loved using a planner. I remember the excitement of getting my new yearly agenda from school, and customizing it with homework, after school activities, chores, etc.
I attribute my love for planning to my mom. she has had and probably always will have a monthly calendar in the kitchen. I remember even writing a paper inspired by my mom's calendar while in college!
I realized at the end of 2014 that I had not kept up with a planner, and I really wanted to start writing things down on a daily basis again. I did, however, keep a monthly calendar to keep track of bills and coffee dates with my bestest friend, but not too much else. 
I decided that 2015 would be my year to really get back to organization, and to start getting mine and Eric's life on a schedule and routine. 
I have come up with a few things that I wanted to share with you that have helped me get back into keeping track of my life in a paper planner.
Here are my Organization Tips:
Find a Planner you LOVE. the right planner is hard to find, but once you find the one it's easier to keep up with it. It might take trying a planner or two or five until you find the right fit for your life and what you want to keep written inside, but be persistent and keep looking for a planner that fits all your needs.
Your Pen is your Best Friend. just like finding the right planner, finding the perfect pen is key to keeping up with writing things down!
Take Your Planner EVERYWHERE. if you are keeping a planner, it should always be easily accessible. if you forget a date of an event, or are trying to plan a coffee date with a friend, having your planner with you is the best way to plan ahead!
Create a TO-DO list. keep a running list of tasks you want to achieve and keep it with you. you will feel so accomplished when you get to cross something off your list, and you will keep up with your planner & list making. 
Color Coordinate & use stickers. using the same colors for certain categories will keep you on track when looking at your planner at a glance. and stickers are an easy way to add personality to your planner and keep you motivated.
REMEMBER:
"what gets scheduled, gets done."
Do you have a planner? what kinds of things do you keep track of? What is your favorite pen?
let me know in the comments below!

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment