Six Month Anniversary


I cannot believe this past Sunday, Eric and I celebrated our six month wedding anniversary! When I think about everything that we have done together the past six months, I can't help but smile and think, this has been awesome! Eric truly is my best friend, and my other half. I have said this before in previous blog posts, but Eric and I have a truly unique love story, and I love telling people about it. I catch myself talking to my customers at work about how we met and how Eric's aunt played matchmaker and helped us both find our real true love in life. God really knew what he was doing when he put Eric and I together.

I thought for our six month anniversary that I would share our love story on the blog, because I have always wanted to write it out and share it with friends and family that may or may not have known our history and how we came together. I hope that if you are still searching for your other half or perfect match, or maybe if you're thinking about the one that got away, I hope our love story is an inspiration to you that timing is everything and that the wait is oh, so worth it.

Here is mine and Eric's love story:

I remember being an early teen, about thirteen years old, one of my mom's best friends came into our life. My mom helped plan her wedding and she became like a second mother to me. As a young teen and not being so close to my own mother, I confided in my mom's best friend and would talk to her regularly about life and random things. When I started driving, I would randomly go and hang out at her house and have girl talk. I definitely felt like family around her family; her nieces (now my sister-in-laws) her sister (my mother-in-law) and nephew (Eric) would sometimes be at her house when I would visit, so I got to know them pretty well. My mom and I would often spend birthdays with their family, and were always invited to special occasions as well. I remember being at almost all of my sister-in-laws' baby showers, which is pretty cool now thinking back.

I remember specifically being at my other mother's house during a pretty difficult time in my family's life when my mom had just gone through brain surgery and was recovering, that Eric showed up as well. We said our hellos, and hugged like normal. I was talking with his aunt about something, I don't quite remember what, and we somehow got on the subject of boys and if I was interested in anyone, or had my eye on anyone... I don't know what came over me and I mentioned Eric's name. I don't know what was different about him that day that I just looked at him differently and saw something totally attracting me to him. When I said this, his aunt's face lit up! She said that she could totally see us together, and that Eric had a good head on his shoulders and would be a great catch.

His aunt gave him my phone number, Eric called me once or twice, and I guess I got nervous and freaked out a bit. So, long story short, with all the difficulty going on in life with my mom's recovery and my withdrawing from school for a semester, things didn't end up happening for us that summer. (Eric will never let me forget that I stood him up!)

Skip five years to me moving back home and having been home from college for a year... Guess who walked into my job with his sister... ERIC! I couldn't believe it. I think either that night when I got off work, or the next day, I was already texting his aunt saying I needed to come talk to her. He was always the one that got away from me, and I always wondered WHAT IF. 
When I went to his aunt's house we talked about life, and I was pouring my heart out to her saying that I didn't know what the heck I was doing back home, I had had so many other plans for my life after college, I didn't have many friends here, and I was working in cosmetics... Where was I going to find a man? In the lipstick aisle?? 

I told her I had always wondered WHAT IF about me and Eric, and again, her eyes lit up, "Really??" I told her to mention to Eric that she had talked to me, and read his reaction... if he seemed uninterested since I knew I had hurt him once before, I told her leave it be. But if he asked how I was or seemed interested, I asked her to talk to him about me, and give him my number, again. She did this for me of course, and I heard back from her the next day and she told me that she had given him my number. She also told me that I better respond to his text messages if he reached out to me!

Of course, as you could probably imagine, I immediately responded to his texts, (I wasn't going to mess it up this time!) and we texted for a few days before deciding to meet up in person. It definitely was awkward the first time or two of us hanging out, but we continued to get to know each other and it got easier. Our relationship has definitely not been perfect, we've had our fair share of arguments and disagreements, but we always worked through them and moved forward.

The past six months feel like they've been a breeze and I am so lucky to feel that way. I love Eric more and more everyday, even when he does little things that annoy me, or doesn't help me with the dishes (my least favorite chore). I look forward to the rest of this first year of marriage and growing closer and stronger with my husband. Marriage definitely is a give and take type of relationship, but I feel like we have gotten the hang of it so far. 

I hope, like I said before, that if you're still looking for your perfect match, or thinking about the what ifs in your life, that you remember God has a perfect plan for you. You never know who He has planned to walk into your life, or when His timing will come into reality. Never give up on love, and always look for the best in yourself and in others. I promise, you never know where life will take you.

If you want to know more about what I have personally taken to heart during the past six months of our marriage, look forward to my next post on Thursday that I am working on about the things I've learned so far... It's gonna be a good one, I promise!

See you back here on Thursday!

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment