Life in February

I have been planning on writing this post for the past 10 days, and I am finally getting around to it. *sigh*. February was a pretty busy month for Eric and me. We got a lot accomplished around our home, and got to spend some much needed quality time together. This month, (March) we will be celebrating our six month wedding anniversary, which is so exciting to me! We have almost made it through half of our first year of marriage, yay us. I have a few blog posts planned for the end of the month to celebrate and to reflect on our marriage so far. 

There have been some changes going on at work, for the better, and it has definitely been a season of transition since the beginning of the year. Lots of exciting things to come, I hope, and lots to celebrate in the next few months as well that I am excited to be a part of and will get to update and share about in the future.

Here are some of the things we did in February:

birthday. This year my birthday was not a milestone birthday year, but to me celebrating my first married birthday was really exciting. I didn't want to do the big birthday hoopla, so Eric and I treated ourselves to an amazing steak dinner on the river. Neither of us had ever been to this particular steakhouse, and it was so fun to get dressed up and enjoy an evening as husband and wife eating the best steak of our lives. After our first bites, we both looked up at each other and made the exact same yum sound, and were nodding our heads in approval.

home decor. I had been wanting to add a few key pieces to our home this year, especially after we got our new couches in December. We've added a good amount of things little by little, and I have my eye on a few more things, plus a project or two I am currently working on. I am trying to add things to make our house more welcoming and comfy and it is coming together really nicely. I love when we have people over and they notice the new things we've added, its so much fun. Who knew a mirror here, and a picture frame there really make our house a home.

valentine's day. Like my birthday, I didn't want to do anything too crazy for Valentine's Day and I had to work most of the day, life of working retail, so a night at home with the hubby sounded perfect to me. I didn't even have to lift a finger in the kitchen! Eric did all the cooking and it was so amazing.

marriage conference. One of my favorite things we did in February was attend a marriage conference held at our church. It was something Eric and I both felt would be exciting and encouraging to do, even in our first year of marriage. We both came away from the conference with a better understanding of what marriage could possibly have in store for us in the future and how to work through and become a stronger team through it all. I would highly, and I mean highly recommend any married couple to look into some type of marriage conference, small group/bible study, etc. to strengthen and prepare for all of life's ups and downs.

Keep a look out for some exciting blog posts the next few weeks!
Thanks again for coming back again, and again.

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment