Travel Must Haves

Eric & I just took a quick road-trip to Kentucky last weekend with my family (it was my cousin's wedding!) and I totally thought we were well prepared for the trip, and boy was I right! we were sooooo prepared, it was overwhelming! Our car was packed to the limit, and the 12+ hour drive was less than comfortable; hilarious, but super crowded.
Four grown adults + a compact car = a trip to remember, and getting to know each other really well.
Here is my quick list of Travel Must Haves:
  1. Someone you LOVE spending time with: This is my number one because HELLO, you're about to be in a car for a looooong time with them, and there is nothing worse than being stuck in a small space with someone you A.) Don't get along with... or B.) Someone you hate. JUST SAYIN. Also, these people are most likely going to see you without makeup on, because come on, putting on makeup at 5AM just to sit in the car is NOT gonna happen.
  2. Comfortable clothes: If you're going to be in the car for more than an hour I would definitely suggest super comfy clothes. No jeans! and I wouldn't really suggest wearing tank tops for traveling AT ALL. It can get pretty chilly with the A/C on in a small space, so I would recommend layers of clothes—a t-shirt, sweater or light jacket, (no hoodies! they too hard to put on or take off in the car!) leggings or slip-on pants, throw on a scarf and some slip-on shoes and you're good to go!
  3. Travel Friendly Snacks: This is a no-brainer! Car friendly snacks are a MUST! no mess and little clean up! We made sure to pack our cooler with lots of water, some cheese sticks, apples, protein bars, etc. There are a BUNCH of ideas on Pinterest (here)
  4. Some good Music: Having good music in the car can definitely make the trip more enjoyable! Our trip was lacking in the music department, so I am including it on my list here to make sure you don't make the same mistake! We spent most of the trip scanning the radio stations and getting static after only a few songs each channel.
  5. A Positive Attitude: Having a positive attitude will have a HUGE impact on your road trip! Keeping the vibe in the car positive will contribute to everyone enjoying the trip so much more. Getting to joke and laugh and get to know/catch up on life with the people you love will make your road trip a much bigger success!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! It was a long time coming.

Leave me a comment telling me where you want to go on your next ROAD TRIP and if you have any other Travel Must Haves you would like to share!
xoxo.
Disclaimer: all images found on Pinterest or taken by myself.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. When traveling with a child, a dvd player and their favorite videos help too!

    ReplyDelete