Mid-Week Must Haves

This week has been a rough one! For some reason I am extremely exhausted even when I've had a full night's rest, my head won't stop pounding and my stress levels are off the chart. Even as I type, I have the beginnings of a headache but I literally just walked in the door from work and have so much to do before I can call it a night.

When I was thinking about what I wanted to share on the blog, I got to thinking about how stressful my week has been and today is only Wednesday! So this got me to thinking, I am halfway through my week, and really for me, this is pretty much my Monday. I was lucky enough to have been off from work for the past few days to go to a close friend of mine's wedding this weekend and Eric and I took advantage of the weekend away to spend some quality time together. We had such a good time with friends and it's always fun to take a mini vacation with my hubbs.

I thought since I was having a rough start to my week, I would share my Mid-Week Must Haves that help me to either refresh, relax or refocus. I hope these things inspire you to take a deep breath and feel refreshed to continue your week!

Manicure/Pedicure. For some reason I love getting my nails done in the middle of the week! I don't know when I changed my nail appointments from Friday to Tuesday, but I honestly can't imagine going back to a weekend manicure ever again. Taking the time in the middle of the week to pamper myself is something I really look forward to, every few weeks. I feel like the experience is a little more relaxing on a weekday also. I know the place I go to get my nails done is always so busy on the weekends, I sometimes feel rushed out of the chair, but on the weekdays, I never feel like they are trying to hurry me along.

Sugar-Free Energy Drink. The past two and a half weeks, like I mentioned in my previous blog post, Eric and I have been more conscious of our eating habits and cutting out soda and coffee from our daily routines, but I still feel like I need some added energy. On the 24 Day Challenge we have been doing, the substitute for coffee or soda is called Spark, It's absolutely AMAZING. It tastes so delicious, and totally replaces my morning coffee craving. You can check out more information here. My personal favorite flavors are Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade!

Journal/Notebook. For most of my life I have been a journal keeper, which totally explains why I was an English major in college. Taking the time to physically release thoughts and emotions onto paper (or an online blog) helps to destress and declutter my mind. Making sure that I am not holding onto feelings or frustrations is super important to do throughout the week so I can truly enjoy alone time, or time with family and friends.

Music. Having a playlist to turn to when feeling stressed or needing a refresher is a must for me at all times. Just like writing, music is something that I can use to alter my mood or release my stress. I love the Pandora app that I can log into straight from my phone, its super accessible and easy to add new music to anytime.

I hope that a couple of my Mid-Week Must Haves help you get through the rest of your week. Let me know what kind of things keep you going during a stressful week, I would love to try a few of your suggestions!!

Until next time! 

xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment