Eight Months without Izzy

As the day of our wedding gets closer and closer, I am constantly reminded of the date on the calendar. but today, like every 13th of the month, 
I am reminded not of something that needs to get done for the wedding, but of something missing in our lives.
I am so excited at the thought of sharing life with Eric and I can only think of the amazing future we have ahead of us. 
But today.. I am only reminded of my sweet baby girl, Izzy.
Today marks eight months since we lost our beautiful girl. eight months! is this real life?
Eric and I have definitely had our ups and downs the past three years, but losing Izzy was a really rough time for us. 
we were both hurting so badly, but trying to stay strong for each other the best we could.

I have tried to write this post so many times, but I could never get it right.

The first few months I think Eric and I both unknowingly were suffering with depression. 
the loss of a loved one takes a toll on every aspect of your life. The quietness was the worst part for me.
we, (well, maybe it was mostly me) weren't ready to have pets in our home for a few months, and I think that was difficult for others to understand.
I didn't really know how to express what I was feeling to anyone else, because I didn't really know how to explain it to myself.

today, I am happy to say that we recently did some puppy-sitting for two of Eric's sisters and I totally loved having their dogs for the weekend. 

We have even extended the puppy-sitting invitation to my brother, when him and his wife go out of town next weekend. 
baby steps.. that's all we can do until we are ready to open our home and our hearts to another puppy of our own.
Of course I will keep you all posted on when that will be.

after eight months without Izzy, I know we will never ever forget her, but there is peace in knowing that time really does heal our hurts. 

I am so happy that Eric and I can sit and talk about how much we love and miss her, but instead of bursting into tears, we smile in silence.
mommy and daddy love you baby girl.
xoxo.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment