Dear Future Husband

Today marks ONE month left until our wedding day! 
I have been thinking back on the past year and I would have never imagined experiencing all of the things we have gone through together. 
the first two years were nowhere near perfect, but overall they seemed like a breeze compared to this past year. 
losing a member of our little family (our sweet Izzy girl) so tragically, and facing all the things that come with thatanger. sadness. confusion.
our relationship has changed, in a very real way, in a good way. 
going through a difficult situation can be a make it or break it moment in any relationship, and I am happy to say we are stronger today than ever.
I had been thinking about something special to post, and a blog post from one of my favorite bloggers came to mind. 
Laurient, who writes To The Alter and After wrote a letter to her fiancé Mike, one year before their wedding.
It was titled "A Letter to my Soon to be Husband" and you can find it here
Laurient totally inspired me, and on this day, one month before our wedding, I will write an letter to my soon to be husband, Eric.

Dear Future Husband,
To say "I love you" doesn't even come close to explaining the feelings I have for you. 
We have gone through heartbreaking tragedy, we have enjoyed pure happiness and celebrated many accomplishments together. 
We have had plenty, and I mean plenty of hard times, dumb arguments, & annoying habits to overcome, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
I have prayed for my future husband countless, countless times in my life. 
I prayed for him to be strong in dark times, I prayed for him to find peace in lonely times, I prayed for his happiness, 
and I prayed for him to find me as soon as possible.
I have prayed for a husband who would be an encourager, a provider, sensitive to my needs, and the leader of our household. 
And today, one month before we say "I do" I am thankful for all of my own prayers because I have exactly the man I prayed for. 
I have YOU!
When I think of our future as Mr. & Mrs. I can't help but smile.
I know we will still have things to overcome, life will definitely not be perfect rainbows and sunshine...
but I am excited to continue our journey together and share an umbrella in the rain.
Thank you for loving me just the way I am, and for always making me laugh. I can't wait to see what life has in store for us.
To say I am not nervous about being your wife would be a lie. I am completely terrified.. 
but I know with you by my side I will do my very best to ALWAYS love and support you. I will be your best friend, and teammate. 
I will always encourage you to follow your dreams as you have done for me.
I promise to cook your favorite meals, and even order pizza every now and then!
Here is to a lifetime of happiness together. 
I Love You for Always,
Your Future Wife

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment